This Code of Conduct explains expectations for anyone participating in these discussion groups and activities, and defines the consequences of unacceptable behavior. Our goal is to foster a positive community, dedicated to sharing information and protecting end users from Covid19 cyber security threats (and have a little fun in the process). This is a community built on trust, please respect this and do everything you can to keep it that way.”
It is expected that participants behave properly. Participants should show respect and courtesy to others and help ensure a safe, inclusive, and productive environment.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Follow Traffic Light Protocol (TLP)
- TLP:RED = Not for disclosure, restricted to participants only.
- TLP:AMBER = Limited disclosure, restricted to participants’ organizations.
- TLP:GREEN = Limited disclosure, restricted to the community.
- TLP:WHITE = Disclosure is not limited.
- Follow Chatham House Rule for TLP:GREEN and TLP:WHITE unless granted permission to attribute information. This means please do not blog, tweet or otherwise leak activities publicly not only does this erode trust, but it harms the mission goals
- Participate in an authentic and active way.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Alert Administrators if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress or violations of this Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful of other opinions even if you don’t share them.
What not to do
- Spam: Spam will be deleted. This includes self-promotion.
- Violate local laws: No ad hoc “pentesting”, breaking terms of service, or other violations of local/national laws.
- Sales: This is NOT a forum for sales pitches. Anyone found scraping names or making sale pitches will be banned.
- Personal attacks: Don’t attack or insult another user. We are all volunteering our efforts for this project so be respectful.
- Spreading misinformation: Fraudulent reports will be removed and posters banned. We are not a platform for spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation, and will remove posts promoting obvious falsehoods.
- Illegal activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity that is not related to the group’s mission.
- NSFW material: While we want to have a little fun, keep it clean. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. A good rule of thumb is that anything beyond PG-13 will get you in trouble, but we reserve the right to remove any post we deem offensive.
- Racism, sexism, and other discrimination: Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: we’ll ban you for it.
- Unacceptable behavior by any community participant, including those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- The Administrators reserve the right to ban a participant violating this Code of Conduct.
We expect all community participants to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues, online and in-person, as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
Please contact the Administrative-Volunteers with any questions about this Code of Conduct.
License and attribution
Based on the FIRST Code of Conduct , the Verge Community Guidelines, and the Berlin Code of Conduct, distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.